Have you ever been faced with a stubborn clog situation? Maybe you had an overwhelming amount of buildup and no way it’s giving you an easy fix. Perhaps you’ve diligently tried to clear it away with all the plumbing tools you know but none of them works. Hired a plumber on multiple occasions but the problem seems to keep coming back. Well, guess what! You are not alone, but you’re lucky to be on this page because you’re going to learn just a few of the long list of things that can terribly clog your sewer line and a couple of ways we strongly recommend these clogs from happening ever again!
- Tree roots – Do you notice your drains are like taking forever to let the water through? This problem is a clear sign that the presence of tree roots is blocking up your sewer rather than just another type of block. While this may come as a surprise to many people, leaks and cracks in the underground pipes are a perfect entry point for tree roots. Trees heavily rely on their roots to provide water and nutrients and your sewer line is a perfect place where tree roots can get it. The cracks and leaks will give them access to your sewer line until it reaches a point of failure when not detected in time.
- Wet wipes – One of the greatest threats to wastewater blockages is the flushing of wet wipes. In fact, it’s been seen as the number one reason for clogs in the wastewater system next to tree roots. While they bear the logo flushable they don’t really dissolve in water, but rather just linger somewhere down the line waiting for the right opportunity to cause massive clog. You may think it just makes sense to flush them down the drain, but don’t be tempted to. They will only cause long-term clog problems in your drainage and cause expensive damage, especially when your sewer line is already not in good condition.
- FOG – Fats, grease and oil is another culprit for clogging issues in your drain or sewer line. They may come in fluid form but that doesn’t mean they can easily make it through the sewer line without causing a problem. Especially when the ground surrounding the sewer lines’ is at a very low temperature. These kitchen sink enemies that have sticky nature won’t make it far down the drain but may only combine with other food scraps to form a sizable clog. To avoid causing significant problems later, dispose of FOGs into the garbage bin in a separate bag or jar. Keep in mind that liquid grease as it cools turns solid and clog your pipes quicker than anything else.
- Toys – Well, sometimes you may be tempted to give your kids toys in the bathroom to give them extra fun while enjoying their bath. Just be warned though that they might think it’s always okay to bring toys in the bathroom and would do something else while you’re not looking. A lot of times, plumbers found toys to be reasons for immediate clogs in the drain. Remember, if as tiny as hair can get stuck in the drain and cause problems in the sewer line overtime, what’s more, toys and other solid foreign items.
- Hair – Do you know that hair clogs are the most that are hard to remove? Hair is one of the most common reasons for drain blockages in shower areas because they have a knack at escaping drain filters. They accumulate in the pipes and don’t degrade easily. Instead they form clumps that then obstruct the water flow within the sewer line. If you don’t ever want to turn your bathroom into a filthy pool, keep hair strands from the toilet and bathroom floors.
How to prevent these things from clogging up your pipe?
- Regular drain clearing by Sydney pipe relining experts – There are many things that get stuck in sewer pipes and cause blockages. Therefore, be watchful about what you dump down your drains each time to prevent disaster and get your drains cleaned by a professional cleaner at least once a year or every 6 months. Oftentimes, drains and sewer lines get clogged because it is already in a bad shape. If you contact the nearest pipe relining Sydney or drain clearing professionals near you to organise a regular drain clearing, you’re unlikely going to experience issues with your drain or have to pay for pipe relining cost to restore bad sections in your sewer line caused by the items above.
- Let the sewer pipe relining professionals pro help you – If you suspect the things are to blame for your sewage backup, low water pressure, and sluggish drainage, you need to call the Sydney relining solutions experts already. Like our team here at Revolution Pipe Relining, professional reliners can investigate issues with your sewer with CCTV camera. We can get a closer look on every section of pipe that may be damaged or tree root affected. We can perform the necessary measures to clear tree roots and restore the pipe’s capacity to efficiently drain the water without causing further damage.
Remember, there are things that we can’t control from making their way through the sewer line, like hair and tree roots, and the tiniest thing can get stuck in the pipe when the right opportunity happens. If you don’t ever want to deal with any clog situations in your home, make sure your pipelines are in good condition at all times. However, if shit already hits the fan, call the professionals to get these blockages cleared right away and seal any leaks and gaps that can give opportunities for tree roots to enter your pipes and create more damage.
These are very important steps you need to consider to make sure you don’t wake up to a plumbing emergency in your property.